Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Once more with feeling


It's been a while and I'm really excited about posting again. I needed to take a break from the blog for a while for a number of reasons. It was necessary and I'm glad that's done. One of the reasons I left was because blogging is meant to be a fun way of expressing oneself, however I found that my approach to it was becoming one dimensional and thus I was subconsciously constricting my thought and creative process. The honest truth is that I was finding myself spending more time wondering about what to put on instead of just posting and sharing. Anyone who has ever found themselves spending a considerable amount of time worrying about something, be it anything instead of acting on it will know that it's quite exhausting. 

So, what has changed? Nothing and a lot. Quite the juxtaposition. Mindset. Feeling. That invisible string that's attached to this little space. Not only have I given the blog a new look and feel that I really like, I'm challenging myself to improved the way I'll approach things from now on. Initially I wanted to focus only on photography and was going to use this as a means of documenting the learning experience and sharing the new knowledge and skills I was acquiring. The objective hasn't changed, but the focus will be more on story telling, capturing moments and surroundings. This means that more emphasis will be places on exploring events around the city and things that city folks do, capturing landscapes when hitting the open road, opening up more on environmental issues, sharing artwork and creative crafts as well as anything that captures my imagination at any given moment.

Once more with feeling.


View of the other complex from the balcony, taken at 6:02pm on a Winter evening.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...