Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Fête de la Musique 2013-Melville

Fete De La Musique (Melville) is a free and fun annual event that allows the public to enjoy a wide range of live performances and food markets in a safe and musical environment. In Johannesburg, this event takes place on 7th Street in Melville and is organised by the Alliance Francaise of Johannesburg together with the French Institute of South Africa and the Melville Residents Association.

I attended this event again this year with a group of friends and these are some of the moments I captured.


Yummy food

Beautiful Jozi people

Dancing in the street

 Food stalls and candy floss, yum.


Mandela T-shirts in the style of Shepard Fairey's Obama "Hope" poster.

Epiphone Zakk Wylde Les Paul Custom "Bullseye" on the Renault Stage. She's quite a beauty.

 SwampHound Tritet performing on the Renault Stage. I was walking up and down 7th Street when I heard this interesting bluesy classical guitar mesh-up sound (that's how I can describe them) that captivated me until the end of their set. You can listen to some of their tracks on reverbnation. These guys are great at improv as well. They reminded me of how much I love the sound of the nylon string guitar.





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...